Sunday, December 21, 2014

12 Trees of Christmas Day 7





Hello Everyone!

Hope you're all having a terrific Sunday!  I recently got the idea for this adorable little tree.  It is my twist on a stacked box tree that I saw on Pinterest, which featured square boxes.  I thought it would be fun to do it with a pillow shaped box instead, and I was right.  I had a blast with this entire project, from designing the cut file, choosing papers and cutting them, to making the tiny origami lucky star for the top. 

I also had fun altering a tiny little apothecary bottle.  I "painted" it with ModPodge, and sprinkled on copper colored teeny weeny beads.  It wasn't quite as dark as I wanted, so after it dried, I dabbed on more color with Antique Bronze Distress Paint.  Some of the beads came off during the process, and added to the distressed look. 

The bow is the remaining half of the piece that I was gifted with my recent Funkie Junkie Boutique order.   I used the first half in one of my projects for the Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas challenge. ( I hope you are not tired of hearing me talk about that challenge.  I am so pumped up about it that it will probably be February before I stop mentioning it!)


 I pulled all  of the papers from my Christmas paper scrap drawer.  The largest pillow box is about 2.5 inches wide, and the smallest is less than 3/4 of an inch.  I used my SCAL software to easily add circle cut outs to the top and bottom of each box for inserting a skewer to hold it all together.  Of course, all the boxes were cut with my Silver Bullet Professional cutter.  A spray of glimmer mist and some quick hot glue assembly and tree number seven was done!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Wishing you the peace and joy of the season,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!