Saturday, December 20, 2014

12 Days of Christmas Trees Day 6



Happy Saturday, Everyone!

Hope you had a terrific day.  The little tree I am sharing today has been sitting undecorated on my work table since late this past summer.  


To make it, I coiled a single vintage style chenille stem around the top of a tree shaped paper mache cone.  I removed the shaped tree, and used hot glue to attach a shorter piece of stem as the "trunk".  I inserted it into a small wooden spool, and there it sat.

This afternoon, I finally found time to decorate it a bit. 
To make my garland, I strung E sized seed beads onto a fine gauge gold wire, giving each bead a twist to secure it in place.  I aged the spool by sponging on a bit of Distress Ink in Frayed Burlap.  I glued on a strip of vintage dictionary paper and tied on a bit of red ribbon. 

If you are looking to squeeze in one more project this year, this may be the way to go.  It is super quick and easy, and very fun!  It would be a terrific project to do with the kids.

I'll leave you with one more view of my miniature Christmas tree:


Happy Weekend Before Christmas!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!