Friday, July 25, 2014

A couple of Non Card projects!



Hello!

Believe it or not, every once in a while I find time to make a "non-card" project.  Here are a couple of fairly recent ones:

This is a DVD jewel box insert.  All of the red elements are foiled with my Foil Master from That's Scrap, Inc.  Sherri sells both the foil machine and the most wonderful foils I have ever used.  I wish I could do them justice in my photos.  They truly are a pleasure to work with, and add the most elegant touch to my projects.

Here's a project that took a few days to create:

It is a beverage station that I made for a friend who is heading off to college in the fall.  I constructed it all from chipboard that I recycled from cereal boxes.  The decorative papers are digital papers from Sassy Designs that I printed with my laser printer and cut to size.  I cut the chipboard pieces with my rotary cutter and ruler, as I find it a bit easier for simple shapes than using my electronic cutter.  I cut all of the decorative papers with my Silver Bullet Professional cutter, though, using the print and cut feature of my Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) software.  I love saving toner by printing just the shapes I need and being able to accurately cut them out; instead of printing whole sheets and having a lot of leftover scraps. 

Here is a different view, showing all of the goodies that I was able to pack into this caddy.  It is roughly 12 inches by 8 inches by 6 inches high. As suggested by my college aged daughter, whose love of hot drinks in her dorm room inspired this project, I opted not to add too many embellishments, so that it will pack easily.  The pull tabs on the drawers are reinforced washi tape, and fold flat for packing. 

I have two more of these caddies to make before September, and when my youngest DD graduates from high school next spring, I would like to make one for each of her close friends.  Probably I should start feeding my husband cereal for supper, to make sure I have enough boxes saved up by then!  No doubt he will be thrilled with that idea, NOT!

Have a happy day!

Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Such a fantastic idea and a beautiful job on the entire project. The colors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!