Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Documented Life Project - My Week 30 journal page



Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I just finished my Documented Life Project Journal page in time to post it today.  It took a little while to pull things together this time around. 



The challenge for this page was to add ephemera from my week, Smash Book style.  I still had stuff laying around from my week at camp, and used it and odds and ends from my work table to create my page.  I will admit to having a rough go of it this time around.  I started my layering with very unimpressive results.  Nothing seemed to go together at all.  My first fix for this was an over all layer of Gesso, applied lightly with a crumpled plastic bag.  That helped a bit, but I wasn't there yet.  I left it alone for a couple of hours, so that I could look at it later with fresh eyes. 

When I came back to the craft table, I added some Distress Paints to recolor some of the elements, and a lot of charcoal shadowing to blend things into the background.  Now I was getting somewhere.  All I needed was to add some black and white lettering.  Ahhh, now I can happily add this page to my journal. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  I wish you all a relaxing rest of the weekend!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!