Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Five Cards



Hello All,

I'm back with 5 more cards.  It was nice to get back to the craft room after a week away. 

 
 This card and the next are from the My Scrap Chick Quick Cards set.  It's true.  They are quick cards to make!  I just added a few sequins and a clear plastic sticker. 
Inside, I layered some coordinating card stock and a stamped sentiment.


 On this one, I added the "off cuts" from the card above to pump up the color a bit.  A button, some Perler bead dots, and a stamped sentiment complete the front.  (Oh, and I ran both card fronts through my Sizzix embosser.  I love the extra texture, and it helps to adhere all of the pieces.)
Inside is a simple stamped sentiment and some layered cardstock. 

The next two cards a from the My Scrap Chick Geometric Card Essentials set.  I pulled a bunch of elements from my die cuts box (the one where I toss all of my unused elements).  I love all of the "clustered" projects I am seeing, and wanted to see how that would work with my pared down style.  I think I like it! 

Here is another card from the same My Scrap Chick set.  I stamped using Archival Ink, added some texture with a Tim Holtz embossing folder, and used some more of my Perler dots.  (Love these things!)  I edged some of the elements with Archival ink to add a bit of dimension. 

 I really like the font on this stamp that I picked up at Michael's a while ago.  I bought a bunch of them and use them often. 
 
 

And finally, I have jumped on the box card bandwagon!  So cute, and fun to do!! My base is a Lori Whitlock file.  I changed out the grad themed embellishments for the cupcake and stars.  There is such awesome potential for embellishing these cards, with the inner and outer accent layers plus the pop ups!   I am jonesing to do more of these.  Stay tuned for a series!
 
 
As always, I used my Silver Bullet Professional  electronic die cutter for all of my cards.  It is the most used item in my craft room.  I don't know what I would do without it!  Seriously.
 
 I wish you a terrifically crafty week!
 
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!