Friday, April 4, 2014

Christmas Corner x five!



Hi  Everyone!

I'm back today with five Christmas cards.



For this card, I  used a Recollections paper pack that I picked up last year, along with some solids and one green print that I  recently designed myself.  The Holly Jolly text, as well as the digitally cut elements on the inside are from My Scrap Chick. 

Inside:

I had fun with the pop up element of this card, but found it a bit difficult to find the just the right element to place in the "window"  As always, I used my trusty Silver Bullet Pro to cut all of my elements.  I used embossing folders to add interest to the solid red card stock.  I think embossing assembled die cuts is a fun detail that works especially well for chunkier die cuts.

 This card was quick and easy to make with my Silver Bullet, Big Kick, and some Archival Ink in Red Geranium.

This card fold is fun to embellish, and very easy to cut and assemble. 

 I spied this cute card style on Pinterest recently, and knew I had to make one.  It is really fun, and has lots of embellishing possibilities.  I kept it to a minimum here, as almost all of my Christmas cards get mailed.  I like this red, black and cream color combo.  It is from a Christmas stack I picked up a couple of years ago.  

This card has space for writing a greeting on the left side of the card inside.  Otherwise, there is not much room for writing.

Speaking of cards with limited space for writing, I have no idea where I am going to sign this card!  That's okay, I have plenty of time to figure it out.  This is such a fun card to design that I can't wait to do another one.  I used Tim Holtz stamps and embossing folder, and my favorite Red Geranium Archival ink, along with some Distress Inks to highlight the embossed snowflakes. 

I used more goodies from my Tim Holtz card kit to make this card.  I did some "second generation" stamping on the top layer of a piece of corrugated cardboard.  
Just a simple stamped sentiment for the inside.

I think that this almost catches me up on my Christmas card goal.  I have really been doing well with making one each week, I just haven't been keeping up with blogging them.

Hope you all have a terrifically creative weekend!

Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!