Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Happy Hump Day!



Hi Everyone!

Hope you all are having a terrific mid-week!  I love Wednesdays.  At work, Wednesdays are my Fridays, because I work a three day week.  It is also "date" night with my Hubs.  That's code for grocery night, but I like to pretend it's more fancy than that!

Today, I am going to share five more cards. 

 
With this card, I made use of some of my "inky leftovers".  The background and the heart are both cut from index cards that I used to soak up Distress Inks, paints and stains as I worked on other projects.  

The inside has the other half of the background index card from the front, and some matching layers.  I am making lots of these cheery cards to send off to my DD at college.  I am also working hard to increase my stash so that I can continue the tradition of mailing a card each week when both DDs are away.  That's a total of six school years worth of weekly cards!

 For this card, I cut the elements with my Silver Bullet Digital Die Cutter (man I LOVE this machine
!)  The files are all from random SVG Cuts files.  The label is printed and cut using my Bullet and SCAL (Sure Cuts A lot) software. 
I used coordinating layers on the inside.  I think I'll leave it blank for a handwritten note.

 This card was inspired by Pinterest, as so many of my cards are.  As always, I couldn't have done it without my Silver Bullet and SCAL software.  The papers are from a pretty little six inch stack that I picked up at Tuesday Morning.  I'm sorry I don't know whose collection it is. 
If it ever warms up here in New England, I will mail this card! The inside co-ordinates nicely with the front, as I echoed both the papers and the shapes.  I like how this card opens a bit differently from a typical card.

 This is such a quick card to make, especially if you use double sided designer paper.  The angled "off cuts" are flipped and adhered to the card for a really easy and frugal accent.
I used Archival Ink to color some white sequins to add a simple embellishment to the front and inside of this card. 

 This card is made with a freebie file from SVG Cuts.  Mary and Leo are very generous with free files.  They often give release a sample that coordinates with the kits they offer for sale. 
This is a fun little card, with lots of  possibilities for changing things up.  I have another on my work desk, and will likely make enough of these to add to each of the kids' Easter baskets. 

Thanks for spending a few minutes with me today.  I hope to be back later in the week to catch you up on my Christmas cards.  I am keeping up pretty well with my "one per week" goal. 

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!