Sunday, December 15, 2013

12 Trees of Christmas Day 4...



Happy Day, Everyone!

Tree number four may just be my favorite project of the year!

 
 
 I found this tiny little vintage (or fake vintage - I don't really know) wheelbarrow at a local antique store earlier this fall.  I decorated three little bottle brush trees.  The largest has beads hot glued in its branches.

 
The middle sized tree has a spiral of vintage dictionary paper that was colored with Distress Ink in Barn Door.  The smallest tree has a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Festive Foliage Poinsettia, colored with Mustard Seed and Tarnished Brass Distress Paints. 



This little elf is another adorable antique store find.  I rescued her from a totally tacky flocked and glittered plastic mushroom from the 1970s.  I think she looks much happier now. 

To finish off the project, I lightly crumpled more vintage dictionary paper scraps, and tucked them into the bottom of the barrow.  (The dictionary is a find from the "useable" section of our recycle center.  Lucky me! I am determined to use every single scrap of it.  So far, I have used one page for three separate projects.)

 
 
I  used some  Tim Holtz Idea-ology label letters to make this tiny sign.  The red ink is Barn Door Distress again, and I inked the edges with Brushed Corduroy Distress.

Happy Healthy Holiday Wishes!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!