Sunday, December 22, 2013

12 Trees of Christmas Day 11...



Happy Day, Everyone!

I am pretty excited about Tree number 11!


Yes, that is a wooden spoon.  I found it earlier this year at the recycle center.  I didn't know what I would do with it then, but this idea popped into my head when I started thinking about doing a 12 trees series. 

I started off by stamping a scrap of tissue paper with a Tim Holtz script stamp from one of my Christmas sets and Ranger Archival in Coffee.  I added a bit of Gathered Twig Distress spray, and some watered down Barn Door Distress paint to the tissue paper, and dried it with my heat gun.  Once I was happy with it, I adhered it to the bowl of the spoon with Mod-Podge. 

I painted this layered TH Idea-ology poinsettia with Distress Paints and used the extra paint on my mat to dye some seam binding for the bow. 

 
I sprayed the bottle brush tree, also from Tim's Idea-ology line, with some more Distress spray in one of the greens.  I didn't label my mini mister, so I'm not sure which color this is.  I carefully painted the number 25 by dipping it lightly into some Barn Door Distress Paint that I had placed on my Teflon mat. 
 
I removed the wood base from the tiny little bottle brush tree, (yep, Idea-ology again) glued the tree to the back of the number, and then glued the base onto the back of the number as well.  This gave me enough depth to easily glue the piece into the spoon.  I used a hot glue gun for all of the assembly on this piece.
 
Only one more tree to go, and to be truthful, I don't know yet which it will be!  I have a ton of ideas percolating.   I hope you stop by tomorrow to see which one develops.  Until then,  Happy Christmas Crafting!  How are all of your projects coming along?
 
Elizabeth
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!