Saturday, June 22, 2013

The one where I used Bird's file....



Good Saturday, Friends!

Hope your weekend is going nicely.  The weather here in my part of New England has been fabulous for the last few days, and it looks like it will continue.  Yay!

Today, I am sharing a birthday card that I made last week.  I used a deep edged card file that was shared earlier this year by Bird, of Bird's Cards.  I enjoy keeping up with her blog, and the files she shares are both fun, and very usable. 


 
 
Since this card is meant for a 13 year old girl, I made it in colors that one of my own teenagers loves.  I made good use of my Foil Master, and foils from That's Scrap, Inc.  I am having so much fun lately trying out all of the yummy foil colors.  I featured the Silver Spectre foil on this card.  I think it goes great with the bold colors.  I used a silver Sharpie to edge the shadow layer under the script.  I could have foiled it instead, but I wanted to try out the Sharpie.  It worked really well, giving good coverage, and a very metallic look. 
 
As a side note for those of you with digital cutters, if your cuts are suddenly crappy, and your teenager has been using your machine, it is  probably time to change the blade!  I put my last good blade in for this project, and need to order some more from Sherri.  I will use Cricut blades in a pinch, but the quality of the blades from That's Scrap is far, far above the cheaper blades.  For me it is totally worth the extra expense.  This is my first blade change since January, and as I said, my teenager had been using my cutter a lot for end of the school year projects. 
 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
 
Elizabeth
 
 

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so nice. Love the foiling, Bird has great files.

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!