Happy Tuesday! One day closer to the weekend is how I like to look at it! Today I would like to share a couple of projects I made last month for a swap with a new group that I joined recently. It is always a bit intimidating to swap with new people, but this group is incredibly warm and welcoming, so I jumped right in and joined the first swaps available!
The first thing I made was a group of Spring themed ATCs. It has been a while since I have done an ATC Swap, and it felt really good to get back to it. I used my Black Cat Cougar from That's Scrap, Inc. a lot for this one:
I used the print and cut method for the lilac graphic, and added some holographic white glitter to the base layer, using a Martha Stewart ball point glue pen as the adhesive. I was impressed with how well it still worked after two years on my craft table. I gave the layers some dimension by using glue dots. I make my own glue dots in various sizes with Alene's Tack it Over and Over. Just squeeze it out onto the non stick backing that comes with other supplies (don't throw that stuff out!) and let it dry over night.
I used my Foil Master, also from That's Scrap, Inc. to foil the text. (Which means Spring in French: Fancy, no?) I dyed pearls for the charms with alcohol inks. The cute little pin brads are from Scrapadabado. The color in this photo is a bit washed out, so you can't see the charm all that well.
Speaking of charms, the other swap I joined was a charm swap. I had so much fun with the last charm swap I participated in, I couldn't wait to do it again. This is the latest charm I made:
I was really excited to use some hardware in this charm, probably because I spent so much time at Lowe's with DH, picking up deck supplies over the last couple of months. (I got to put the finishing touches on the deck this weekend - Yay! It's done, and the weather has been perfect for enjoying it!)
Anyway, back to the charm. I printed a graphic with my laser printer, and used gel medium to transfer the image to the washer. I think it looks really cool! I dyed the bottom pearl using alcohol ink, and then wired it and the center pearl to the washer, making a loop for the lobster clasp and a secondary charm at the top. I had so much fun that I bought more washers, and a boat load of colored pearls when they were on sale at Michael's. I had to create a new storage box, just for charm supplies! Guess I had better get going and make some more!
If you're still with me, thanks for reading all the way through this long post, and as always, have a happy day!