Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas Everyone!

Hope you are all having an amazing holiday.  I am taking a few minutes to relax before the festivities begin.  I have a cat on my lap, and all my projects are finished.  Here is one project that I competed a couple of weeks ago, but didn't post:

 
I used my electronic cutter to cut these tiny little houses, as well as the star/snowflake mat that is underneath it.  The cloche is a bit less than 12 inches tall, and the houses are about 1 inch tall.  I was able to cut the houses with my Cougar Cutter from That's Scrap Inc. made these tiny cuts with no problem at all.  I used Distress Inks to color each of these houses.  I added some gesso texture to the base to mimic snow, and a craft store tree.  I am really happy with how it turned out, but I have an idea I will be redoing it for next year, just because it is so much fun!
 
Here is a close up of the houses:
 
My husband, two daughters and I have a tradition of making a handmade Christmas gift for each of the others every year.  Here are some photos of my gift to my daughters this year.  This is my favorite project of the year; a journal with all of our traditional Christmas recipes.  I hope that they are as excited about them as I am!
 
 
For the cover, I used lots of Tim Holtz products, including Distress Inks and Stains, Distress Stickles, Alcohol Inks, fragments charms, a saftety pin and a paperclip.  I used my cutter for the little spray of greenery and holly, as well as the "25" charm on the calendar.  The snowflake paper is from Sassy Designs, and was also inked with Distress Inks.  Here are some of the inside pages:
 
 
The recipes are printed on parchment, and attached to a printed background page with tiny little brads. (It took a lonnnnngggg time to place those brads on a total 32 pages! ) For the background pages, I printed grids of 2 inch squares of  "vintage-y" papers from Sassy Designs. 
 
I wish you all a Christmas filled with Joy and Peace!
 
Elizabeth

 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!