Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm not ready to let go of Christmas!



Hello Everyone!

The month of December is my favorite time of year.  I love, love, love all things Christmas!  While I have stopped watching Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music, I am not quite ready to give up on my Christmas crafting.  I love making Christmas items while I am still in a Holiday mood,  and with almost an entire year to go, there is no pressure! 

I spent a couple of hours on Wednesday re-organizing my craft room, and putting away some supplies that I hadn't taken time to take care of before Christmas.  (No matter how much I think I have done ahead of time, I am always rushing right up to the last minute!)  While I was working, I found some items that I wanted to use in new projects.  Here is what I have worked on since Christmas day:

 
I made eight of these gift tags.  I will box them as little gifts to give next year.  I have had the little wire candy canes for years.  They keep popping up in my Christmas decorating supplies.  I am happy that I finally found a good use for them.  I have one spool of ribbon that won't fit in my ribbon box, so I used it here to make bows.  The greenery and holly were leftover cuts from earlier projects, so I colored them up and glued them on.   

I made this tag today:

 
I had some more greenery to use up, as well as a snowflake and one layer of the Poinsettias that I made earlier in the month.  ( I couldn't find it when I was assembling them, and had to cut a new one.  I found it under my Lazy-Boy later, when I was vacuuming, LOL)  The red background started as a sheet of scrap paper that I soaked up some Distress Inks with while working on another project.  I have a big stack of these that I want to use up.  I added more Distress Ink, and stamped it with a plaid stamp using a Picket Fence (white) paint dabber, to pull in some white to balance the snowflake.  Both of the ribbons came from Christmas packages.   I feel so frugal! 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
Elizabeth


1 comment:

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!