Monday, January 25, 2016

When will I learn...

...not to procrastinate?  I knew a few weeks ago that I needed to replenish my stash of sympathy cards, but as usual, I waited until I needed one to make more.

I tried out my  first (but certainly not last) ever IndigoBlu stamp to make this card:


I am so happy that I purchased this beautiful floral stamp.  It is amazingly detailed, and looks great stamped in Watering Can archival ink.  I stamped the sentiment with Jet Black Archival on vellum, and added a simple navy bow. 

I loved the stamp so much that I echoed it on the inside of the card,  and added a simple layered sentiment.  Because this card is for my sister in law, I'll add a handwritten note, and don't need much room for writing inside the card. 
Taking advantage of the supplies that were out and ready for use,  I made a second sympathy card, so that I can stash one.

For this card, I inked up a rectangular acrylic block with Hickory Smoke Distress ink and spritzed it with water before stamping it onto watercolor paper.  I dried it with my heat gun, and added a seed head  and sentiment stamped in Blue Violet Archival ink.

A clean and simple inside completes the card.

Thanks for stopping by!  I wish you a wonderful week!

Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!