Friday, January 15, 2016

Merry Monday....

.... on a festive Friday!  Yeah, I often have my days mixed up!  Today, while Pinteresting, I found a link to the Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.  It reminded me that I needed to get up and make a Christmas card this week.  I really like to get my Christmas cards done early each year, and joining a specifically Christmas card themed challenge seems like one good way to do it.

Challenge number 187 is Plaid.  Well, being a Maine girl (living in a NH world) means that a love for plaid is in my blood, which makes this the perfect week for me  to join Merry Monday. 



 
I used two stamps from my stash for the front of my card.  (I'm already doubting my ability to use all of my stamps this year, but I'm going to keep trying!)  I used lots of layers from my paper stash, stitching, and a dyed seam binding ribbon to highlight my stamping, which was inked with a combination of Archival and Distress Inks.
 
The inside of the card looks like this:
 


I was able to use an off-cut strip of the plaid background stamping from the front, along with two additional stamps.

I am still having a blast creating and test cutting files for little houses.  Here is the first one that I have perfected:


It's based on a diagram by Howard Lamey from the Little Glitter Houses website.  This one measures in at a 4x6x8 inches, which is much larger than I had originally envisioned it.  It was a "special order" for my daughter, who chose the subtle blue and grey papers for a winter display for her kitchen table.   I'm excited to see how she accessorizes it.  (I'm betting that my collection of bottle brush trees will be put to use!)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!

Elizabeth





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful collage of stamps on your "plaid" background!! so glad you could join us this week at Merry Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love,love,love the vintage Santa and the blues/greens plaid!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!