Sunday, December 28, 2014

My finished printer's tray...



Hello Everyone!

I hope that you all had a peaceful and beautiful Christmas.  I enjoyed the week thoroughly.  The days since I last posted have been filled with family traditions, crafting, eating, eating, relaxing, and after a full day of putting away Christmas decorations yesterday, I spent last night in the craft room, finishing up the printer's tray I have been working on.  Here are the last few photos:

 
I replaced one of the mirrored pieces in the lower left corner with this piece.  I used vintage book paper, washi tape, stamped Picket Fence Distress Stain, and some red rhinestones.  I think it is a better fit, style-wise.  

 For this tiny space, I was able to use one of the rejected backgrounds from one of the prior weeks.  The treasure here, though, is the holly that was stashed in one of my button boxes.  I love being able to use family ephemera, especially in special pieces that I plan to keep forever. 
 I love this Distress stained seam binding bow.  I pumped up the color on the jeweled center with some alcohol ink.  The background for this piece is another that didn't work earlier, but was too pretty to discard.
 If this one looks familiar, it is because it is half of my week four piece.  I really wanted to use the space it was in for the following piece, so I cut it down to fit a smaller space. 

 I needed the bigger piece for this rusty metal star that I rescued while storing Christmas decorations.  I found the corrugated background in my stash, and added one of the hearts from the deconstructed week four piece, and a tiny little metal stencil that was also hanging about in my decorations, waiting to be used. 


This little square seemed to be the perfect spot for a tiny rosette.  You will see more of these when I get around to posting my final three trees of 2014 later in the week.  The center is a vintage tack from the button box, colored unevenly with alcohol ink to give it some holiday color.  The background is a piece of the vintage calendar that I also used behind the wreath in an earlier week.

And finally,

 
This is by far my favorite project of the year.   I am so happy that I was able to finish my personal card making challenge (5 cards per week for the entire year) early, so that I could focus on the Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas challenge.  I hope you have enjoyed following my progress.  I have already made it a goal to participate in the 2015 challenge.  I hope you will consider joining the fun. 

Today I made good progress on my final three trees for the year.  I hope you'll pop back later in the week to check them out.   I'm on track to get them posted before the New Year. 

Elizabeth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!