Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12 Trees Number 3, and some little gifts



Hi Everyone!

I'm back with another of my 12 Trees of Christmas.  This one couldn't be more different than yesterday's.


It's tiny!  And it's "Tim-y"!  Except for the ribbon, everything you see is from the Tim Holtz Idea-ology line.  The tiniest of the bottle brush tress fits perfectly in the glass dome.  I glued a shiny star on either side of the tree top, shook on some glitter, and added some Distress Inked ribbon to the bottom of the cork. 


This little project couldn't have been quicker or easier, and it is perfect to tuck into one of the many nooks and crannies that I decorate for Christmas.  If you wish, you could add a hanger and use it as a tree ornament or trimming for a special package.

In case you hadn't noticed, I just adore Christmas crafting, and in the midst of the season, I just can't seem to stop.  Fueled by cookies, caffeine, and Christmas joy, I spend every spare moment in my craft room.  Here are some projects I created this week to share with my co-workers.

This adorable barn gift box is from the Santa's Village kit from SVG Cuts.  It's so cute as is, I didn't feel the need to change it up at all.  I used one of Mary's (The owner and chief designer of SVG Cuts) tips, and used coordinating papers for all of the individual pieces.  It makes choosing papers super simple (especially since I had already used much of this Recollections stack from a couple of years ago, and didn't have too many pages left to choose from.) and gives my project a really cohesive look. 

My next project was really fun to put together:

I used a recently purchased Rosette set from My Scrap Chick to make the 5.5 inch diameter rosette.  I had never tried a "sewn" rosette, thinking that it would be  more difficult than gluing.  Boy was I wrong!  The PDF instructions were terrific, and using baker's twine for assembly was totally quick and easy, and I didn't burn even one finger!  I layered two sizes of dimensional star for a fun look.  I used my Silver Bullet Professional to letter and cut the Peace banner.  It's been a while since I have used my pen tool.  I'm going to have to bust it out more after Christmas.  Especially since SCAL cutting software from Craft Edge  just came out with version 4, which has some nifty drawing feature updates that I'm anxious to try out. 

And finally, this morning I cut and assembled four of these:


I have been having fun with these little boxes this year.  I saw lots of these little boxes on line and was lucky to find a cut file to use.  Because with my Silver Bullet and SCAL software I don't have to rely on dies,  I am not limited to specific sizes.  I cut these boxes at about 8 inches, so they would be large enough to tuck a little packet of home baked goodies into when assembled.  The other night, I cut them at 4 inches, so that the finished boxes were small enough to tuck into the girls' Advent Calendar spaces.  They were adorable in that tiny size, and I was able to fit several M&M's inside. 

Thanks for popping in today.  Stay tuned for my 12th and final Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas 2014 project soon, and more Christmas trees, too, of course!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!