Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Twelve Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie style - Week Five




Hello again! 

Happy Saturday!  I'm up to week five of the Linda Coughlin's Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of 2014 challenge.  This weeks inspiration was an elegant tag in Silver and Black.  I love the Festive Gent, but couldn't think of a way to incorporate him into my project.  Instead, I took inspiration from the color scheme, script greeting, and snowflakes on Linda's week five inspiration tag.


I filled two of the spaces in my printer's tray this time around.  The top space is a glass slide.  I used Distress Embossing Paste and silver tinsel glitter to add the row of tiny snowflakes and the narrow border.  I backed the piece with black cardstock, and used a piece of scrap foam to raise it up in its space.  

The bottom is a piece of Mirrored, cut to size with my rotary cutter.  I cut the script text from black cardstock with my Silver Bullet Pro electronic die cutter.  I used my Xyron machine to add adhesive, but as usual, lots of unnecessary glue was left behind.  I removed as much as possible, and mounted my Mirrored piece on another piece of waste foam, and hot glued it into place. 

I'm kind of digging this nod to the elegant, sparkly side of the winter holidays.  It makes me think of New Year's Eve. 

Here is Linda's tag:

I think it is absolutely stunning! You can read all about how The Funkie Junkie created this week's tag here: The Silver Embossing Paste (which looks amazing here), dies, and other supplies are available at the Funkie Junkie Boutique, the sponsor of this challenge series.  


I'm loving this tray more and more as the spaces get filled!  So Much Fun!!!!

Thanks for stopping by again!  Have a fabulous weekend!

Elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Great additions to your printer's tray. I really like how you covered two spaces with the challenge this time around. And I love seeing the whole tray and how it is progressing each week. Such a cool project!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!