Wednesday, November 5, 2014

The Twelve Tags of Christmas - Funkie Junkie style - Week Two




Hi Everyone,

I'm back today with another Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Christmas inspired project.  I am having a blast with these challenges.  They really have me racing to get to my craft room each night! 

You can find Linda's Week One Inspiration tag and challenge rules here .  To see her gorgeous Week Two tag that I am pretty much CASEing today, click here. 

Here is the piece that I created to fit one space in my printer's tray:


Like the week one piece that I posted yesterday, it is rather tiny, and I relied heavily on my Silver Bullet Pro  digital die cutter to cut my stencils and the flower.  Lots of Distress Ink here, in Pine Bough, Peeled Paint, Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap and Festive Berries.  I used my Ranger Archival Carnation Red by Wendy Vecchi for the very first time.  (Dope slap!  What was I waiting for???) 

The sponsor of this challenge, The Funkie Junkie Boutique,  carries all of the Distress product line, and all of the Wendy Vecchi colors of Archival at a discounted price. 


Here is my printer's tray with my first two projects installed:

You might spy a couple of differences between this photo and the one above.  This one is the original, and I felt it needed a couple of changes, which I made last night, after taking this photo.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if I end up changing it again.  I am still not thrilled with my flower.  Maybe the third try will be the charm?

I finished my week three challenge last night, and I will be posting it soon.  I was able to break away and create something "inspired by" rather than simply casing Linda's gorgeous tags this time. 

Thanks for stopping by to see what I am up to!  Don't pass up a chance to follow the links to the Funkie Junkie Blog and join in on the fun! 

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Amazing how you captured the essence of my of my tag in your darling miniature - the checkerboard squares, the text tree - everything looks fantastic. Another beautifully constructed piece for your printer's tray. So great to have you playing along in the challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!