Sunday, September 7, 2014

The Documented Life Project week 36 Black and White



Hello Everyone!

I am back on schedule with the Documented Life Project.  This week's challenge was to work in black and white.  I felt a bit constrained by this, because I knew that over mixing paints and inks would give me a very blah grey page.  So I went with my card making comfort zone for this page.  Since I used a new-to-me technique that will be fun for both cards and art journal pages, I count this as a good week in my journal. 



I pressure embossed lots of white scrap strips with my Sizzix Big Kick and various embossing folders.  I used a brayer to add  Wendy Vecchi's Watering Can Archival ink to the raised areas, and mounted them on a piece of black cardstock.  The "journaling" is some extra card sentiments that I printed and cut during a recent card making session.  I couldn't resist adding a tiny splash of color, and these coral scraps just made me happy. 

This page is much more evocative of my structured card making style than the loosey-goosey- anything-goes art journal style that I have been attempting this year.  It was a super busy week, so working with a familiar style was an effective way to accomplish a page.  Sort of the artistic version of comfort food!

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!