Thursday, September 4, 2014

A random sampling of cards



Hi Everyone!

I told you I'd be back with more cards this week, so here I am.  No particular theme here.  I just had some good, old fashioned, no pressure to make anything special, fun. 


I couldn't resist buying a Halloween stamp set the other day.  It's getting to be that time of year, and I am itchy to make Fall projects.


 This is the last of my embossed waxed paper resist backgrounds.  I used colored pencils for the first time in a long time.  Note to self:  Use colored pencils more often!

 I found an unused paper stack in my stash, while looking for something else.  Had to fix that right away!  

I'm really making an effort to finish the insides of my cards.  It's the best way I know to prevent scraps, or use up ones I've previously created. 

 Have you seen all of the inset die cuts lately?  I just love the look, and had to make one for myself.   Of course I used my Silver Bullet Pro digital cutter and SCAL software.  My  sweet DD saved the gold foil cardstock from some packaging.  The metal element was silver until I added alcohol ink and metallic mixative to make it match.
Here is the inside, with a Tim Holtz holiday stamp and Archival Ink.

 I used the same SVG for this card, it is actually the "off cut" from another inlaid card.  Fishtail banners are another favorite way to use scraps.  I embossed the top of the background, carefully sponged Distress Ink on the raised portions, and brushed on Perfect Pearls to give it some shimmer.  I wish you could see how pretty it is in real life.

Another Tim Holtz stamp, (I am really going to get my money's worth from this particular stamp!)  more Ranger Archival, and more scraps that I didn't have to sort!

Have a wonderful day, everyone! 

Elizabeth



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!