Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Cards, cards and more cards



Hello All,

Good Wednesday to you!  I am playing catch-up today with my card post.  I think that I am currently caught up with my cards.  Here are ten recent makes from my craft table:

 Let's start with a Halloween card.  I used a Tim Holtz damask background stamp with Distress Inks, (misted before stamping) Tim Holtz numbers and label from the Little Labels set, and a cute haunted house from the seasonal bin at Michaels, and an October stamp from a date set from an unknown source.  The black ink is all Archival Jet.  I found the embossed black scrap in my scrap drawer.
The inside greeting is from the Michael's seasonal bin.  I added some matting and Distressing with the Tonic distressing tool and Black Soot Distress ink.

This Christmas card was super simple to put together.  The image is from the Tim Holtz Seasonal paper pack.   It is so pretty that I simply cut it to size, matted it and added some Rock Candy Distress Stickles to Santa's beard and hat. 
 On the inside, a Tim Holtz sentiment and more matting.

 Another simple card with a graphic cut from a Christmas Cardstock stack layered over some red and green papers. 
A simply stamped sentiment and more matting complete the inside.

 This card is from a My Scrap Chick SVG set that I just purchased, with a leftover flower from my scrap bin and a Heidi Swapp stamp. 
Inside, a stamped sentiment and flower.  The stamping was all done with the Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink, Orange Blossom. 

 Here is another card from the same set of My Scrap Chick SVGs.  The paper is from DCWV. 
Simple stamps and coordinating papers for the inside.

 Back to Christmas with this card.  I used my Silver Bullet Professional cutter to cut the geometric mat (also from My Scrap Chick), and layered some scraps with the chalkboard focal piece, which was cut from a stack of Christmas cardstock.
For the inside, I mimicked the chalkboard effect by stamping with Picket Fence Distress Paint. 

 I played with some double embossing for this card front.  I highlighted the snowflake embossing with white ink, and stamped the image in the unembossed area with Archival ink. 
More Archival Ink here, with Tim Holtz Snowflake stamps.  My mom will love this card, as blue is her favorite color for Christmas (and everything else!)

 I had fun with some Halloween paper to make this card.  Love the cute images!
Simply done inside (still working to use as much paper as possible by adding layers to my card insides)

 Here I used more of the paper from the last card.  I love fishtail banners! 
 I added eyes to black acrylic dots with Distress Paint and a Sharpie marker.
I'm getting some mileage from my new Halloween stamps.

 For this card, I used my Silver Bullet cutter to cut the wheat and bow, using a file from SVG Cuts.  I used the negative cut to add some Distress ink to the background.  The stamps are from 7 Gypsies.  I added a thin black sketchy border with a Sharpie pen.
For the inside, I used more Distress Inks and a Tim Holtz Stamp.

 This card features paper from the Tim Holtz Seasonal stack,  I over stamped the 31 image with Archival ink and a flying witch.  I added matting, Distress Inks, a large brad, and a Distress Stained seam binding bow. 
Inside, more layering, Distressing and stamping.

And that is finally it for today!  Thanks for making it all the way to the end with me. 

Hoping you find some quality time in your craft space!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!