Sunday, September 21, 2014

A journal page and some crafty Autumn projects


Hello Everybody!

 Here is this week's journal page:

The week 38 Documented Life Project challenge was to add a feather.   When I received my new set of Inktense blocks on Tuesday, I made this page.  I didn't have too much time with them, but I think I am going to love these new playthings!

I am getting into my fall crafting groove, and got busy with a few projects this weekend.

I made six key chains as favors for DD #2's 17th birthday party.  I used my Distress Paints to recolor the leaf and peace charms with some fall colors.

I made these boxes to hold the key chains and some candy:

I cut all of the elements from white cardstock using SVG Cuts files from various fall collections, and my Silver Bullet cutter  , and added color with Distress Inks.  The background is Kraft Glassine that I crumpled and heated with my heat gun.  The box file is also from SVG Cuts, from the One Piece Box kit.


I have been playing around with this altered candle can for a couple of weeks.  I distressed a piece of Tim Holtz Alterations paper from the Seasonal collection, added some burlap-ish ribbon layered with some Tim Holtz trim and a piece of filmstrip.  I cut the leaves from paper with my Silver Bullet cutter, and embossed them with Vintage Photo Distress Embossing powder.  I finished things off with a couple of metal charms that were enhanced with Distress paints. 


Finally, I played with more embossing powder to alter this thrift store frame.  I used the same paper leaves from the project above, this time with Recollections chunky embossing powder in antique silver.  I was inspired by Wendy Vecchi (who just released a new set of Ranger embossing powders to match her Archival inks) to dig around in my embossing supplies to see what I had on hand.  If I use some of what's in my stash, I can justify buying some new stuff, right? Right! 

Here is a close up.  By heating the leaves more than the frame, I got two totally different looks from the same powder.  I edged the leaves with just a bit of jet black Archival ink.  You can see a bit of the metallic Distress Paints that I used underneath the embossing. 

I am debating whether to add some color to this project.  I think I will be able to decide once I put in the adorable vintage baby photo that I found in my "attic collection".  This piece will be living in my vintage box installation, so it doesn't need to be too bright. I like having just a few pops of color amongst the authentic rustic grunge. 

After such a productive weekend, I'm kind of sad to be going back to work on Monday.  I really do like my job, but I LOVE time in my craft room!

Thanks for visiting with me today!

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!