Sunday, August 3, 2014

Week 31, The Documented Life Project



Hello Friends!

Happy Sunday evening.  I have a quick post about a quick art journal page for you tonight.


I waited until the end of the week to make this page, so that I would have something wonderful to meet the DLP challenge, which was to include an envelope with a memento from the week on the page.  I used a tiny glassine envelope to hold some tiny little beach stones that I gathered with my younger daughter while visiting good friends on Cape Cod. 

This is my attempt to represent our day at the beach. After laying down layers of Distress Paints for the sand, sea, and sky, I colored some pumice gel to add sandy texture, and made some whitecaps with modeling paste.  Whomever said it takes a lifetime to learn to paint the sea wasn't kidding!  My attempt is a bit lame, and doesn't come close to capturing the magic of the day, but that's ok.  I had fun playing with my supplies, and I like my lettering, so it was time well spent.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!