Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Waxed Paper Embossing Resist - a fun technique



Hi Everyone!

Earlier this week, I was noodling around on Pinterest, as I do, and I found a really great technique for making inked backgrounds.  I found the instructions on Suzz's blog, right here .  I had so much fun with it that I used it for all five cards this week, plus one!   Can you believe that each of these backgrounds started as a piece of plain white cardstock?


This one is the spare, which I saved so that I could get a really good photo to share.

Here is a Christmas card version.
Here is the "umbrella man" in green.

I have fallen in love with all of the seed head style dies and svgs that have been popping up lately.  This is my attempt, using lots of acrylic and glitter dots. 

Displaying my love for leaves, and green. 

And finally, another floral die cut, this time with rhinestones.  Wish I had some pink Archival Ink for the sentiment.  I really prefer it for stamping.

Each of these cards was made using three coordination colors of Distress Inks, applied to the waxed resist with a foam applicator.  I edged all of the backgrounds with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, and also used the off cuts from my Silver Bullet Professional cutter as stencils to add a shadow layer of Distress inks behind my cardstock images.  I am loving the subtle bit of dimension that it adds.

I hope you find time soon to try out this fun and easy background method.  Thanks for stopping by to see what I have been up to this week!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!