Hope you have all been well! I have been busy, busy, busy working on lots and lots of details for a wedding. Now that I am finished with all of those projects, I can catch up on my blog. I have lots of cards finished, so look out for those posts later in the week. Today, I am going to post my last four Documented Life Project journal pages.
Week 32: Incorporate a fortune cookie fortune
Since my daughter collects fortune cookie fortunes, (unusual, right?) I couldn't use a fortune for my page. So I used a quote I found instead. This page started with an acrylic paint background, where I swiped up leftover paint with a piece of watercolor paper. I added Gelatos, ribbon scraps, vellum strips and some ephemera from my journal junk box. I stamped over everything with Ranger Archival.
Week 33 - Use your "under" paper:
I don't usually use "under paper" to protect my work surface, as I prefer a Teflon craft mat. So I used a premade Dylusions background, a piece of the waxed paper I left from the resist technique I shared a few weeks ago, and some stamped tissue paper from my journal junk box. I initially sketched flowers on my page with a Sharpie marker. The lines were way too bold, and even with several layers of gesso, I couldn't tone them down enough. So I finger painted acrylic circles on another piece of paper, and glued them over the original flowers. I added lots of white pen details, and a tiny quote, as I didn't want to cover up my pretty flowers.
Week 34 - Incorporate numbers from my week:
For this background, I used paint that remained from the page above. ('cause I worked on them both the same night!) I outlined the flowers with smudged charcoal pencil, and the centers with my Sharpie pen. I added a sketchy black border, and lots of repeats of my favorite number, four. They represent my family of four, the time I arrive home for work (when I leave on time, which is rare.) and forever, how long I have loved my guy. Some white pen highlighting brightens things up a bit.
Week 35 - Face it.
Silver Bullet Professional cutter to mark a face from the left edge of the background, and cut it by hand. I mounted it on a piece of cardstock, and started adding more layers. Lots of Gelatos and white acrylic paint here. I outlined the face with charcoal pencil and stamped it with Archival ink. For a finishing touch, I used a glue pen to add some foil touches to the stamps on the face They look black or grey here, but in real life, they are a beautiful silver. I made a border with my Sharpie pen, and highlight some of the flower details as well. Finally, I added a handwritten quote.
There, now that I have posted all of my journal pages, I am going to go take a nap!
Thanks for stopping by,