Monday, June 16, 2014

The Documented Life Project - My week 24 entry



Hi Everyone,

Here is my belated week 24 DLP journal page.  I was away for the weekend, and didn't have a chance to post yesterday.

The challenge was to use book pages or text paper.  Right up my alley!  You may have noticed how much I love vintage book pages.

So here is my page:


I stated with a photocopy of some vintage ledger paper from my stash.  I wanted to play around with my new Wendy Vecchi Archival re-inkers, so I swirled some hand sanitizer gel on the page, and dropped on various colors.  I blended and spread this mixture with the handle of a paintbrush and then dried it with my heat gun.  Next, I stamped a flower with a text background in various places, and colored it with colored pencils.  I inked the edges of with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. 

The next layer is a torn, inked and distressed dictionary page copy.  I thought a black and white photo would be a terrific final layer, and I found this one featuring my mother (fourth from the left), her parents, and sister in my collection.  I matted it with one more piece of vintage book paper. 

The lettering was done with my trusty Sharpie pen and my Pitt Artist pen.  Finally, I attached the flap to my planner page with Washi Tape.  When I saw how well it coordinated with the other elements of my page, I had to add a few extra randomly placed pieces. 

These two close ups show some of the layers of this page.


Oh, I forgot to mention that I stamped Distress Stain in Picket Fence over the Archival Ink with a text stamp.  and splattered on some watered down Distress Paint. 

I'm pretty sure that at the end of the year, this will still be one of my very favorite pages. 

Have a great today!

Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!