Happy Monday! Today I am sharing a very altered photo of last week's Documented Life Project page. The challenge was to document something I am grateful for on each day of the week. Since I do this for small things on a daily basis in another part of the journal, I opted to document seven big things in my life. Because it's a bit personal, I opted to apply a Photoshop filter.
Because I was short on time last week, and because my journal is getting pretty fat, did things a bit differently. Rather than add a tip in with my art work, I include my artwork, a simple gradient of Pan Pastels for each day, on the weekly page of my planner. As always, I reserved the space on the right page for my weekly journaling.
And because that isn't much to look at, (posting these weekly pages keeps me motivated) I am also sharing some floral projects that I have made over the last several months.
Silver Bullet Professional cutter, vintage sewing items from collection, a vintage calling card and some photo copied ledger paper.
The outer and inner sides of the box were painted with Spun Sugar Distess Paint, and stamped with Coffee Archival. The roses were cut from white cardstock, and colored with Distress Stains. This is my favorite way to custom color my roses. The little wooden spool is not vintage, so I aged it with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The ribbon and embroidery thread are vintage scraps from my "attic treasure" sewing basket. I am getting a lot of crafty mileage out of that basket! This project was a breath of fresh air at the end of the winter.
I made this project just for me! I saved this shiny candle lid from the trash, and added lots of summery flowers, again using Penny Duncan Creations files. This time, I cut the flower parts from text weight paper rather than cardstock. I really like the look I get with this paper. I achieved custom colors with Distress Stains, again. This piece sits at the base of my computer screen at work.
This tiny mixed media canvas was made as a hostess gift for a friend who had a dinner party recently. All of the pieces were leftovers from my work table. I stained and stamped the 2 inch square canvas, added Distress Inks t the edges of the hex pieces and the "hope" ticket. The multicolored Distress Inks and the haphazard construction of the rose give it just the right informal look.
Thanks for stopping by today. I wish you a crafty, happy week!