Sunday, May 18, 2014

The Documented Life Project week 20



Hello Everyone!

It is a bright and beautiful morning here, and I am in the middle of a project or two, as usual, so this will be a really quick post.


This week's Documented Life Project challenge was to use a rubber stamp in a new way.  I have been wanting to use my stamp collection more, so this was a good challenge for me.  I stamped my images with black and watering can Archival inks on white tissue paper.  Using matte medium, I adhered the stamped tissue to a photo of some boxwood greenery from my yard. 

Here is a list of some of the layers in my background:
Baby Wipe Reinker Stripes
Reinker stamping
Gesso
Penned border (Black Sharpie pen, White Sharpie Oil pen)
Stamped leaf border
More Tissue stamping (the sheet music)
Alcohol Ink and blender drops
Distress Crackle Paint (The reason for the glare!)

I also attempted some embossing folder stamping, the result of which is the faint white marks you can see on the torn focal image. 

I don't necessarily love the final result, but I sure had fun playing around with different techniques for this page. 

Thanks for stopping by to check out my project!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!