Wednesday, May 21, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - My May Tag Interpretation



Hello Everyone,

Happy Wednesday to you.  I finished my "Tim Tag" for May over the weekend, and couldn't wait to share it with you. 



I loved Tim's inspiration piece this month.  You can check out his tutorial here.  This tag was totally in my comfort zone of "grunged up clean and simple".    Rather than digging into my stash of Idea-ology, I decided to use my May tag to showcase a mini collection of WWI uniform insignia.  I carefully mounted each of them on a piece of  Distress edged  "Lost and Found" paper covered chipboard.

I love the look of the Shadow Press Embossing Folders, but don't own any.  Since it's an integral part of the May inspiration, I had to figure out how to accomplish it with the tools and supplies that I had on hand.  The "remember" text is the result. 

One of my favorite things about Memorial Day has always been the Poppies sold by the Disabled Veterans.   I needed a small one for my tag, and was able to make one with a circle of cardstock, some Distress Ink, a Distress Painted headpin, and some flocking.  Following Tim's lead, I used a tiny frame to highlight this element.


 Because I like to work with small (3x6 inch) tags, I didn't have room for many other embellishments.  (It's not that I don't have any, I just couldn't fit them on!)  The three long Idea-ology fasteners match the natural patina on the frame and the eagle. 



For my background, I misted my tag and swiped it through Distress Stains on my non-stick mat.  I used Distress Stain to edge my tag as well as to dye a length of Idea-ology Linen Ribbon.  This ribbon dyes beautifully and has just the right masculine look for my military style Memorial Day May tag.
 
Thank you, Mr. Tim Holtz for inspiring this tag that has become my favorite piece of the year! 

Elizabeth








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!