Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Catching up on the 12 tags of 2014



Hi Everyone!

Happy Hump Day!  I took some time last weekend to catch up on Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014.  After making the January tag, I let a couple of months slide by without a  tag made. 

I will start off by sharing my version of  this month's tag:

 See Tim's tag tutorial   for his fabulous tag and instructions.  I followed along as closely as possible using what I had on hand.  (Thanks to Mr. Holtz's excellent salesmanship, I have plenty of supplies to play with!)  There were lots of Distress products on my craft mat! 
 

As an alternative to the pinecone rose, I used Ms. Penny Duncan's SVG file, and my Silver Bullet Professional cutter to make my little roses.  I have some philosophy tags, but simply couldn't resist adding the butterfly to the trellis as my metallic element.  I enjoyed every minute while creating this tag! 

I think I'll continue in reverse order, and share the March tag next:

 
I love the idea of using second generation stamping to create a second tag.  It really speaks to my frugal nature.  I was late with these tags because I hemmed and hawed all throughout April about purchasing these stamps.  I am trying really, really, hard not to spend money on new craft supplies this year.  As you can see, I caved in to myself, and purchased the Nature Walk stamp set.  I like to work on smaller tags, so this set is perfectly sized for me.  As a bonus, it includes an absolutely adorable silverware stamp that I can't wait to use!  I'm almost certain that this is my favorite stamp set to date.  I am totally in love with it!

I don't have the Distress Marker Spritzer tool, so I substituted a stencil and Distress Re-Inker spray for that step.  I had a package of mini numerals calling out to be used, so they got colored with a bit of Distress paint and popped on.  I added Distress Painted bird house and washer charms to the seam binding tassels.

I really like these soft and simple tags.  They have a definite spring feel.

And finally, the February tag:

I had nearly forgotten that Distress Inks could be used to emboss, and was happy to have a reminder.  This is a really fun background technique.  

I don't have the supplies to do Tim's chalkboard technique, and improvised with white embossing powder.  I rubbed on some white chalk to "real it up" a bit.  I added glitter and Distress ink to some
grunge letters, with Glossy Accents as my adhesive.  I am really starting to love this stuff.  It will be time soon to restock with a bigger bottle.  The bottom border and ring reinforcer are embossed foil tape with Distress paint, and the metal embellishment is a random piece from my stash. 

There!  I am happily caught up with my 12 Tags of 2014, and looking forwarded to seeing what Tim has in store for May.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!