Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Documented Life Project Week 9



Happy Sunday, Everyone!

I hope you all find some time for creativity today!   I am sharing my weekly Documented Life Project page today:


The challenge this week was to recycle something into our journal.  I love easy challenges!  I do this all the time anyway.  What was more challenging for me was knowing that I would be travelling, and needed to get going on my page at the beginning of the week, rather than "cooking" ideas, and working them out in my journal at the end of the week. 

I took inspiration from Sandi Keene, grabbing some acrylics and applying them quickly to my page with a plastic card.  I stenciled white acrylic over this, using a large floral stencil. 
 
I layered a paint chip that I pulled from my "junque" box over a scrap of Gelli Print paper, inked the "believe" ribbon, which was hanging out on my work table (in the pile that hadn't yet made it to my 'junque" box!) to match, and scooped up the light green circle of cardstock from the floor and glued it on.  (The best justification ever for not vacuuming! ) 
 
I was prepared to call the page finished at this point, because I was crunched for time.  But when car trouble prevented me from traveling, I decided to play some more.  I sponged on Archival ink to tone down the bright white of the stenciled flowers and taped in a flap of stamped vintage book paper.  Now I feel that the page is complete.
 
Here's a close up of the stamping:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by to check out my progress.  I wish you all a wonderful week!
 
Elizabeth
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!