Friday, February 28, 2014

Christmas Corner Double Feature



Good Morning, Everyone!

I have two Christmas cards to share today, since I missed last weeks Christmas Corner post. 

First up is this card with an adorable sketchy reindeer.
  
The reindeer image and font are from Lettering Delights, and are  "thin fonts" specifically designed for electronic cutters for use with a pen tool.  Of course I just had to try this out with my Silver Bullet Pro!  It worked like a charm!  I "drew" it on white paper with gel pens, and inked it up with my trusty Distress Inks.  Next I added a couple of shadow layers and adhered everything to my card base.


On the inside, I stamped a sentiment with Olive Archival ink, and added a few shadow layers.

For card number two, I grabbed a couple of stamped images from my leftovers pile.  These tree images auditioned for last year's Christmas cards, but didn't make the cut. Not because they aren't beautiful, I just didn't want to make 50 of them!  You can't see it in the photo, but there is some really pretty holographic glitter on the trees.   I mounted the stamped images on shadow layers, added an embossed layer, and adhered everything to my card front.

The inside of the card looks like this:

I am loving this Tim Holtz Christmas sentiment stamp, and will be using it often, I'm sure!  I used Archival ink in Red Geranium, and added some shadow layers to finish.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today to check out my latest cards.

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!