Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Documented Life Project Week 11



Hi Everyone,

The week 11 Documented Life Project was to "put a bird on it".  I love birds, so this was a fun one for me.  It just took a bit of pondering to decide in what way to add a bird to my journal.  In the spirit of challenging myself, I decided to sketch a bird.  I found a "how to sketch" a bird tut online, and had some fun practicing.

Here is my page:


 I used a background of vintage book page strips adhered to watercolor paper with Yes Paste.  I added to this with several colors of Distress Paints and Stains.  I added stamped borders with Archival Watering Can ink and Distress Stain in Tea Dye, and some grasses and flowers for my bird to rest on.  I sketched the bird with a Sharpie Pen on a tea bag  ( I so love using junk on my journal pages!)  and added it to the page with matte medium.  I hand lettered the text, and added a bit of highlighting to the borders with a Sharpie Pen.  To tie everything together, I splatted on watered down gesso.

Here are some of my practice sketches:


I like some of these better than the one that ended up on my page!
 
Do you ever take photos and then realize that the project is not quite finished?  It happens to me all the time.  This is my original photo:
 

I added more Distress Ink to the bottom of the page, some extra black highlights in the border, the gesso splatters and a some gold Gelato smudges.  Now it's finished!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my progress.

Elizabeth

1 comment:

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!