Friday, March 14, 2014

Lots of cards today! (Edited to change out the card I had already posted!)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hi Folks!
 
I'm changing things up a bit this week, and sharing five cards at once instead of one each day.  Just trying to keep things interesting for myself.    
 




Blue cards make me think of my mom.  She Loves (yes, with a capital L!) blue. 
 
 
 Yes, it's another Valentine!  I love embossing.  It is such a quick and simple way to add interest to a clean and simple card.  The stamp is an oldie from Stampin' Up. 
 Another print and cut sentiment.


This was a fun card, with elements cut with my Silver Bullet Professional digital die cutter.  To make the card base, I used a shamrock from the basic shapes in my SCAL software. ( I used the "off cuts" to embellish the inside.)  I traced the horse shoe from an online graphic and added a shadow.  The larger shamrock is a freebie from SVG Cuts. 


 
Another St. Pat's card:
 
 This card started with a chipboard tag that I rescued from my husband's new shirt.  I added layers of vintage book paper, Distress Ink and lots of elements cut with my Silver Bullet.  You may recognize the shamrock element.  It was a test cut from the card above.  I really hate to waste anything!  I mounted the tag on a base of Distressed and embossed cardstock. 



 Here's a close up of some of the details.  I made the tag with chipboard, Distress paints and inks, and a set of metal alphabet stamps.  The little frame is made with hot glue.  I picked up some ModPodge molds at Michael's recently.  I colored this one with alcohol inks in greens with a touch of gold.


A layered print and cut sentiment finishes the inside.
 
And finally:
 I gathered some strippy scraps for this card.  I glued them to a base, and layered a die cut shamrock with shadow frame over them.  I finished off the card with some Distress inked dry embossing, and a print and cut label.
I repeated the print and cut label for the inside of my card.  I am really enjoying using Sure Cuts A Lot software to design and cut my cards with my Silver Bullet. 
 
Hope you enjoyed looking at my collection of cards today.  Thanks for stopping by!
 
Elizabeth




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!