Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mixed media card



Hello, Folks!

Today, I am sharing a mixed media card with a classic color combo.

I pulled the red acrylic and gesso background paper, and the blue and red gelli print from my mixed media box and layered them together.  I stamped a tiny glassine envelope with the ladybug stamp using Archival Ink in Wendy Vecchi's red geranium color.  I put a square of blue polka dot designer paper in the envelope, and backed it with another red geranium stamped image.  The letters were cut using my Black Cat Cougar digital die cutter.  (one of the last projects before my upgrade to the Silver Bullet Pro) 


For the inside of the card, I layered some of the papers from the front under a printed and cut sentiment.  

Alternate front view:

I like how the familiar red/white/blue color scheme seems to tame the wilder aspects of the mixed media papers.  I think my youngest teenaged daughter is going to love it.  I made it specifically with her in mind after finding the ladybug stamp in the sale bin a few weeks ago.

Happy Wednesday!

Elizabeth

Supplies and Tools used to create this project include:
Black Cat Cougar digital die cutter
Georgia Pacific and Recollections cardstock
Acrylic paints
Gesso
Gelli Plate
Archival Ink, Red Geranium
Corner Chomper
Scotch ATG adhesive
Scotch quick dry glue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!