Sunday, January 26, 2014

Documented Life Project week four



Hi Everyone,

Here I am with my weekly Documented Life Project journal page:

I painted over a gesso'd vintage dictionary page with Distress Paints, using small Post It notes as masks, and highlighting with a white gel pen.

Here it is with the  masks removed.

I wrote some meaningful words in the revealed boxes.

I added a swash of bead gel. 

Here's the completed page. 






This week's challenge was to paint over a secret message, leaving one word uncovered.  I didn't have any "secret messages", but I like what I came up with instead.  I am loving this project.  Having the weekly challenge is keeping me motivated to update my journal on a regular basis.  I have never made it this far into a year with a journal.  (I know, it's only January, but still, I feel victorious! LOL)

Thanks for stopping by!

Elizabeth

Supplies and Tools used for this project include:

Distress Paints Barn Door, Fired Brick, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn and Bundled Sage
Spritzer Bottle
Paint Brushes
White Gelly Pen
Liquitex Glass Bead Gel
Vintage Dictionary Paper
Gesso
Post Its

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!