Friday, January 17, 2014

Christmas Corner




Hi Everyone!

First off, I would like to share a quick little Christmas project that I have made.  I just love having some extra special packaging made ahead for little Christmas treats during December.


I made this hot cocoa packet with SVG files from the Cup of Cocoa and Tea set from My Scrap Chick.  I didn't do much to alter the original files, just cut them from scrap paper and embossed the snowflake and whipped cream.  A standard sized hot cocoa packet slips right in behind the removable cocoa insert, which you can use to add your greeting. 

I also completed another Christmas Card for my stash, using the same concept as the rest of my cards for the week.  (I don't know about you, but I am already bored with posting the same style of card five days in a row.  I am going to start mixing it up!  It's hard enough to stay awake during the long cold winter months with out being bored by our hobbies, right?) 


I used foam to mount the embossed panels, and the holly.  The text was printed prior to embossing and cutting the panels.  I colored the holly using Distress Inks, and added the berries with Distress Stickles. 

Here is the inside:

I used a Tim Holtz stamp, and added a border of the same Hot Off the Press designer paper that I used on front.

I'll be back soon with more cards to share.  (and more variety, too!)

Elizabeth

Supplies and tools used for this project include:
Georgia Pacific cardstock (white)
Hot Off the Press Designer paper
Tim Holtz Stamp
Ranger Archival Ink (Wendy Vecchi's Red Geranium)
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Sizzix Big Kick
Scotch ATG tape runner
Foam dots
Distress Stickles
Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters and Forest Moss)
Digital Die Cutter


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!