Thursday, December 19, 2013

12 Trees of Christmas Day 8...



Happy Day, Everyone!

Today's tree is an adorable little framed piece that I whipped up using some of my vintage dictionary paper.  I really am getting lots of use out of it this season! 

 
I cut three simple and identical tree shapes from my paper, stacked them, stapled them down the center with my Tiny Attacher stapler, and 'fluffed' the layers.  I sprayed on a touch of Gathered Twig Distress spray (Re-inker plus water in a spritzer bottle) to age the paper a bit more.    I dug this little dollar store frame out of my stash.  It was originally a metallic deep red color, which didn't suit my project at all, so I put my Distress Paints to work.  Have I told you lately how much I love Distress Paints?   I dabbed on three different brownish colors; Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy and Walnut Stain.  I dried each color with my heat gun before moving on to the next.  Then I added touches of Forest Moss and Peeled Paint.  Now it is all grungy and layered looking, and is a much better match for the dictionary paper tree. 
 
While disassembling the frame for painting, I discovered a lovely piece of corrugated kraft paper.  I sponged on a light layer of Picket Fence Distress Paint, and added a layer of Fired Brick.  I'm loving the candy stripe effect.  Once this was dry, I glued on the tree element, and added some Scrabble tiles, and Voila!  another tree is ready!   
 
Happy Christmas Crafting to you!
 
Elizabeth   

2 comments:

  1. I think this is my fave so far!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I'm loving this one, too. Best of all, it was super easy to put together.

      Delete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!