Wednesday, October 16, 2013

The one with a birthday card and a fun file share...



Happy Day, Everyone!

Here is a photo of the Birthday card that I made for my mom:

This card is from the SVG Cuts Picnic in the Park kit.  I love its simplicity.  My mom's favorite color is blue, and my favorite accent color for blue is yellow, so this card should make us both happy.  I used vintage buttons from Mom's attic for the flower centers.  Often, in my excitement over the dimensional projects in SVG Cut's kits, I forget about the terrific card files that are included.  I'm so glad I went searching through them for this card.  As always, I used my Black Cat Cougar from Sherri at That's Scrap Inc. I used the pen holder and a gel pen to "print" the tag on the front.  For the inside, I used the print and cut function to easily handle the sentiment.
 
 
My next project is one that I thought up all by myself!  I spend a lot (ok, too much!) time looking at projects on line, and my work is very often inspired by what I see there.  I have hundreds of paper bags, because I wanted to make some albums, and it was cheaper to buy them in bulk.  I have been wanting to use them as gift bags, and I needed a quick way to dress them up.  So this idea was born.
 
 
If you would like to try this out, all you will need is a paper bag, 2 scraps of cardstock, and some ribbon.  Oh, and this file.  Cut two of the handle file, and run through an embosser if desired.  Adhere one of the handles to the paper bag.  Using a ruler and a craft knife, cut the center rectangle from the bag.  Flip the bag over, and adhere the second handle, lining it up with the rectangle.  Add some tissue paper and a gift, tie on some ribbon, and you're finished.  How fun and easy is that?  My gift bag is filled with little fall decorating items for my mom.  I think this would be a really great way to pack special little snacks for my girls. 
 
And here is a photo of one of the items in the bag:
 
 
I made three of these mini banners for a September challenge over on the That's Scrap, Inc. Forum, my favorite place to hang out on the internet.  The adorable pumpkin files are from Treasure Box Designs. 
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog today. 
 
Elizabeth
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!