Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The one with some cards....



Happy Day, Everyone!

A few weeks ago, I had fun taking the Online Card Class "Insider".  Here are a couple of the card I learned to make.


One of the best techniques I learned was adding a little strip of black between layers on the front of the card. (The class was about jazzing up the inside of cards, but there were tons of great tips for the fronts as well.  I used my Black Cat Cougar from That's Scrap, Inc. with the pen tool to "write" the sentiment.  So much better than my own handwriting!  The adorable cat is from Karen at the Graphics Fairy. 

For the special touch on the inside of this card, I added a pop-up sentiment.

 

It's a little hard to tell from this photo, but the entire sentiment portion pops when the card is opened, and it folds flat when the card is closed. 

This card

also has a pop up greeting on the inside, but I'm not going to share it.  I had to re do it a couple of times, and it still didn't come out right.  I need to play around with it some more.  I really like the front, with its touch of black again.  For this card, I used the print and cut feature of my Black Cat Cougar.  I love how accurate it is!  Again, the graphic is from the Graphics Fairy.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!