Monday, October 14, 2013

The one with my Halloween Decorations(Part Four)



Happy Day, Everyone!

I am back with what will probably be the last installment of my Halloween house tour.  Today, I amsharing my mantel décor. 


This was a really simple project to throw together.  Some thrift store candlesticks, Tim Holtz Configurations boxes spray painted black, and a nice bold black font printed on some Sassy Designs digital papers. 

 
On the other side of the mantel are some more TH configuration boxes that I spritzed with spray inks, and stamped, and/or covered with washi tape.  I printed and cut to size some really awesome vintage skeleton prints.  These are displayed on a couple of bud vases from Goodwill. 
 


This mantel clock has to be one of my best antique scores of the entire year.  I purchased it for $20.00 at a local group shop.  I had lots of fun disassembling the innards, with a bit of help from DH.  I printed the witch image on a sheet of acetate, applied some Ranger Alcohol Inks and cut it to fit the clock.  I stuck it in with poster tack, which is concealed behind the brass fitting.  I didn't want to use glue, as I am certain that this piece will be used for every season.  It looks so cool with the lights out and a candle flickering behind it!

 
I stamped the domino with a Tim Holtz stamp and black Archival ink.  I rubbed on some Coffee Archival with a sponge as well.  I also used a black Archival and a TH stamp on the little poison bottle.  I have a ton of these tiny vaccination bottles that DD brought home to me when she worked for a vet.  I filled the bottle with some of my self made paint spray, and stuck a label and game piece into the cork using a label pin. 
 
 
The seasonal rosette features some acetate bats, a dollar store crow, and a cool skull button that I made using an image from the The Graphics Fairy, and my button machine. 
 
Here is the final result:
 
 
 
Because I am linking up to the The Grapics Fairy Brag Monday Party, I wanted show you a close up of another cool thing I did recently:
 
 
 This really cool spider is hanging on the antique window in my game room.  I printed it on acetate, cut it to fit, and stuck it on with some of that clear gluey stuff that sometimes comes on plastic packaging.  Believe it or not, I peel that good stuff off and save it in a milk jug lid on my craft table.  It really comes in handy sometimes.  It's very hard to deny my New England Yankee roots when I share stuff like that, LOL! 
 
 
Today, I am linking to the http://thegraphicsfairy.com/ Brag Monday Party. 
 
Have a terrific today!
 
Elizabeth
 
 
 

 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!