Thursday, September 5, 2013

The one where I hold back my tears.....



Hi Everyone,

Ok, so maybe I can't hold back the tears.  My oldest daughter is going off to college for the first time tomorrow, and while I am incredibly proud of her accomplishments, and secure in the knowledge that she is ready for this, I am going to have a very hard time letting go.  I am going to miss her terribly.  And that is all I am going to say about that!

Earlier this week, DD asked me if I would have time to make her a box for her tea bags.  But of course!  I would pull an all-nighter if necessary to make her happy with one last project before she leaves.  Luckily, I knew could whip up a SVG Cuts Tea Caddy in no time.  I made it to co-ordinate with the vintage key holder I posted earlier. 

 
This was such a fun project to put together.  I used  the print and cut technique with my Black Cat Cougar for the box pieces and the "ribbon".  The green ribbon is a digital paper from Sassy Designs.  I printed it on white cardstock, and inked it all over with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  I love using Distress inks with  patterned paper.  I have no idea where the brown floral paper came from, but I love it.  The buttons are from my vintage collection.  The stick pin is almost identical to the one on the key holder, which I probably already mentioned matches the one on her Prom corsage.  The rose brooch is from Recollections.  The tiny bow is made from thread from my great  grandmother's sewing box. 
 
I know DD loves it because she immediately put her tea in it, before I had a chance to photograph it.  (That is the purple you see.  The inside of the box is green to match the trim.)
 
If you are looking for the file, it is part of  the Tea for You and Me collection at SVG Cuts.com.   It's a really fun collection, and this particular box is very versatile.  I made it a few weeks ago as an ATC holder. 
 
Have a happy rest of the week.  If I am not curled into a blubbering ball and hiding under my quilt after tomorrow, I will post a couple of new projects. 
 
Elizabeth
 
 


2 comments:

  1. The tea caddy is fantastic! Sending hugs your way...it's not easy letting go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa. I am considering staying up all night to make it last longer, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!