Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The one with the frame...



Happy Wednesday, Everyone!

Last weekend I had fun in my craft space altering this frame. It is a gift for a special friend's grand child, whose arrival is eagerly awaited by her first time Grandma, Ms. Penny Duncan!

 
I seem to have revisited the 80's again, with the paint splatters and random gold foiling!  I used extra heavy gesso and a stencil to add the swirly bits to the frame, and then brayered on a darker pink paint to highlight them and add a touch of grunge.   The letters are Grunge Board and the flower and leaves were cut using my Black Cat Cougar from Sherri Jensen at That's Scrap, Inc. 

I hope you are all having a marvelous middle of the week!

Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful frame! Love all the swirls, and paint splatters! I really like just the hint of gold as well. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!