Saturday, April 13, 2013

The one with the tag....



Happy Saturday!

I started re-organizing my craft space last week, and I am still working on it.  In between storage unit construction and sorting efforts, I finished three sets of altered charms for a swap with my buddies on the That's Scrap Forum.  I will wait to post photos of the charms until everyone has received them.  But I can share photos of the tags that I made to package with them. 

I made a two layered tag to package with my charms.

 
I used Distress Inks in Crushed Olive, Tumbled Glass, Broken China, and Peacock Feathers, and Brushed Cordoroy; Distress Paints in Salty Ocean, Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed and Broken China and Picket Fence, Distress Stain in Picket Fence (to highlight the center of the hand sketched flower) and UTEE.  There are about a million different videos showing how to apply the inks and paints, so I won't bore you with the details, except to say that you really need to use a water mister liberally with the Distress Paints if you want a soft blended effect.  
 
 
Here is the completed tag:
 
 
 
 
Now I am off to my craft room to do some more organizing.  (and as usual, now that I have posted my project, I can see a couple of ways to improve it, so I will be adding a couple of beads and some more ink to the edges before getting them in the mail!)
 
 
Happy Weekend to you all!
 
Elizabeth

1 comment:

  1. Those are gorgeous, Elizabeth. Can't wait to see your charms, cause I know they will be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!