Monday, April 8, 2013

The one with the birds...

 

Hi Everyone!

Happy Monday (Blrgh!) Today I am sharing a project that I have been working on intermittently for the last few weeks.    I have redecorated my little front porch!  It was needing a new look, and some bird prints from the The Graphics Fairy inspired me to decorate with a bird theme. 

 
I rescued an old cupboard door (from our circa 1985 water bed frame) from the kindling pile in the basement.   I put a couple or three coats of gesso on the door, let it dry, and rubbed on some Distress Inks.  When the ink was dry, I used a light coat of Mod Podge to adhere the bird print, to which I also added brown Distress Inks.  I sprayed the project with two coats of Krylon clear spray, and added some crinkle ribbon that I dyed with Distress Stains to the top.   The bird feeder and metal bird house have been living on my porch for years.  Now they have a bird to keep them company!
 
I have also had this frame on my porch for years.  I used to change out the artwork in it to match my seasonal decor, but it had had 4th of July prints in it for a couple of years.  (looked great with my Christmas decor, I tell you! NOT)  So I decided to use an egg print from The Graphics Fairy to update it for my new theme. 
 
 
 
I like these projects so much that I am going to link them to The Graphics Fairy Blog for Brag Monday.  I check in there at least once a day to find beautiful vintage graphics.  If you haven't checked them out yet, you should rush right over and spend a few minutes (hours). 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
Elizabeth
 

 
 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. Very neat project and loved that you are thinking "birds" for a theme- graphicsfairy has such a great collection! Nice job!

    Visiting from Brag Monday @ GraphicsFairy and wishing you a lovely Spring day. :)
    Smiles, Suz@MaytagNMom
    Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your projects are just lovely! So glad I came by from Brag Monday!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!