Friday, April 5, 2013

The one with the Mica...



Hi Everyone,

Hope your Friday is going well!  I made this project last week, and had to decide if I liked it enough to post it.  I think I do, so here it is:


This is my version of a bag journal that Heather Hudson shared a bit ago.  I just have pics of the front cover, since I haven't done anything to embellish the inside yet.  I recently ordered some mica from Ellen Hutson, and this seemed like the perfect place to try it out.  I stamped a Tim Holtz sentiment with Distress Paint, and cut it to fit the cover.  It cut easily with a rotary cutter, and it was also easy to punch the hole for the attaching rivet.  Here is a close up off that detail:

 
The ribbon and lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used alcohol ink to color a pewter buckle gold.  The flower element is the little sunflower from the Pick a Pumpkin collection from SVG Cuts.  I love this little flower! 
 
 
 
For the binding, I altered the Abstract Ruffle file that I shared a few posts ago.  I thought it would be fun to find another way to use it. 

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

Elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!