Saturday, March 2, 2013

The one with Mel's Stamps Digi Papers



Happy Saturday, Everyone!

I have two projects and a sneak peak to share today.  Last week, I downloaded some terrific digital papers from Mel's Melstampz Blog.  I love her recently posted Winter papers.  I decided to use them to make two cards that I have been wanting/needing to make.  The first is a baby card for a very good friend's daughter, who recently had a baby boy.  (I really can't believe that my childhood friends are old enough to be grandparents!  I'm NOT! LOL)

 
 
The elephant was cut from a file I purchased from Miss Kate's Cuttables.  I found lots of cute and reasonably priced SVG's here.  I scraplifted the sentiment from a magnet I found while antique shopping with my daughter this week.  (more on my awesome finds later.)  I thought is was perfect for a baby card.
 
I used the same layout and papers for next card:
 
 
For this card, I printed the sentiment using MTC's new warp object to path feature.  Love it!   I think that these snowflake prints in Mel's collection are beautiful.    I will make one more of these cards, and mail them to my parents and in-laws this week.  Since they live in Northern Maine, it is really wishful thinking that Spring is around the corner at this point, but I think they will enjoy the idea of it.
 
And now for the sneak peak:
 
 
This is just the beginning of a fairly involved project that I have started.  I am pretty excited about it, and will post more of the various components as I complete them. 


 
Wishing you all a lovely weekend!
 
Elizabeth
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!