Sunday, March 3, 2013

The one with the beak



Hello All,

Hope you all have had a fun and productive weekend.  I spent a lot of time this weekend with my girls.  I helped my older daughter sew a dress, and I taught my younger daughter how to drive a stick shift!  It is pretty exciting to have a new driver in the house.

I did find some time to work on my own projects as well.  I made two projects from the new Egg Hunt set from SVG Cuts.  Here is the original little chick box:

 
 
 
It is pretty cute, but I think it is kind of plain.  I was a bit confused, as Mary's files usually have decorative panels to embellish, but this one didn't.  I went to the SVG Cuts website, and watched the video, and then I understood.  Mary designed this box to be very little, and it doesn't really need embellishments at its tiny original size. 
 
Because I want to fill it with lots of Easter treats, and I want it to be a bit more interesting, I created my own panels to jazz it up a bit.  Here is my alternative solution:
 
 
Now this is better!  I especially like the little "feathers" that are standing up on his head.  I just used papers from my stash for this one.  I think I will go shopping for some special papers for this cutie!
 
 
I also made the petal basket from the same set:
 
 
This was really quick and easy to cut and assemble.  I added some embossing on the outer petals.  I think I will be making more of these.  I guess my girls are going to get lots of treats this year!
 
 
Have a terrific week, everyone!
 
Elizabeth

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!