Sunday, February 3, 2013

Saw it, pinned it, made it... all in one day!



Hello Friends!

Happy Superbowl Sunday!  I have just a few minutes to write this post before I need to go and start making some Superbowl treats.  Twice baked potatoes are the favorite around here. 

This morning, while roaming around on some of my favorite sites, I found this card on the Ellen Hutson Classroom blog.  I really liked it, so I pinned it on Pinterest, thinking I would get around to making it some day.  Lo and behold, I found myself in my craft room with time on my hands!  (because I ignored the housework again, of course!)

Here is my version of the card:

I don't usually keep an inspiration photo around while I'm working.  I like to work from memory, so that I don't end up with an exact copy.  Now that I am looking at them side by side, I think my card needs a little extra touch.  I believe I will add a pin to the twine, and maybe a charm. 

Supplies used:
Distress Inks
Stamps from Inkadinkadoo and Stampin Up
Martha Stewart twine
Paper from my stash, and some Tim Holtz Craft Resist for the heart
Tim Holtz Washi Tape
Electronic Digital Cutter

I'm pretty sure that this will be DH's Valentine's card. 

Thanks for looking, and enjoy the game if you are watching!

Elizabeth

PS: I ordered some supplies recently from Ellen Hutson, and just have to say that her customer service is excellent.  My package arrived quickly, and included a Thank You card and a surprise gift.  Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your kind comments are very much appreciated!